Our Vision for ICT
As ICT is an essential skill in a modern lifestyle it is important that all pupils gain the confidence and ability, that they need in this subject, to prepare them for the challenge of a rapidly developing and changing technological world. The use of ICT will enhance and extend teaching and children’slearning across the whole curriculum whilst developing motivation and socialskills.
At St Aidan’s V. A. School our aims are:
- For ICT to be fully embedded in the curriculum so that it enhances learning
- For all children to become confident and competent users of ICT
- To allow children to appreciate the relevance of ICT in our society and that they see it as an essential tool for learning, communication, finding information and for controlling and understanding their environment.
- For children and staff to have access to a range of ICT resources including new emerging technologies
- For children to understand how to stay safe when using technologies and for staff to understand the ways to protect them
- For all staff to continually improve and develop their ICT skills and to take a shared responsibility in developing ICT and eSafety
- To use ICT to promote links with parents and the wider community